Tuesday 8 July 2014

The Best Laid Plans....

How true is the saying, 'The best laid plans of mice and men, oft times goes astray.' I set out determined to maintain a detailed, and hopefully interesting account of our travels but soon realised that it was going to be a hopeless task. I had a choice, live the trip or spend my time immersed in technology. I decided to live, assisted by technology. How I bless my iphone tape recorder. It has become my research tool. I've walked in and touched Uluru and along the Kings Canyon creek walk where there is no wifi talking into my tape recorder. This way I could record my thoughts, memories and feelings while I watched young fit people heading for the ridge walk up heart attack hill. However, it was great fun to see the amazement on many faces when they saw me walking along chatting into my iphone. I could practically see the thoughts, 'How on earth is she managing to connect'. I'm now at Alice Springs and can't wait to experience The Ghan' overnight trip to Adelaide.
Maybe I'll catch up with this blog when I get home. Maybe I'll just use this and my iphone tape recorder to write the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment